Getting to the range is exciting enough, sometimes you just want to get right to the good part–shooting! But we have very important safety rules for you to follow, and we do expect you to be familiar with them before you even step out onto the range. So here they are, available for you to read at anytime! They are also posted on a wall outside of the lanes, and are required to be read before you sign the waiver to enter.
- Protect yourself. Wear protective eyewear and ear protection at all times, even when not shooting.
- Every gun is loaded. Treat every gun as if it is loaded and dangerous.
- Check your weapon. Always make sure your weapon is functioning correctly, properly cleaned, and safe to use.
- Only point at it if you want it destroyed. Always keep the gun pointed downrange and never point a gun at anything you are not planning to shoot.
- Know your target and beyond. Always know what you are shooting at and be mindful of what is around and beyond your target.
- Be safe. Keep the safety in the “on” position and the action door open until you are ready to fire.
- Mind the trigger. Keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
- If it’s loaded, leave it on the line. Check to make sure your firearm is unloaded, the action door is open and the safety is on before bringing it off the shooting line.
- Alcohol and gunpowder don’t mix. It is absolutely prohibited to bring alcohol into the shooting range.
Failure to abide by these rules may result in removal from the facility and denial of future shooting privileges.